Monday, March 15, 2010

Trina Turk Palm Springs for Your Honeymoon

Since there are only 2 weeks to go til THE DAY, that means there are also only 2 weeks to go until our mini-moon. We decided to blow the bank on the wedding itself, and then save up for a serious honeymoon that we would take in about a year, so in the meantime we are taking a mini-moon for 3 nights to Palm Desert. Because it isn't a hardcore honeymoon I had ignored the "pack and plan your honeymoon" line item on my to do list until today.

You know what I decided? A honeymoon is what you make of it, so I decided I would get myself a new swimsuit and maybe a cute floppy hat and call it done. Well, when I start something I am a bit like Lucille Ball and it usually becomes something elaborate and complicated instead of something simple. Case in point: instead of just getting a new swimsuit for our honeymoon, I decided to make a honeymoon kit for us entailing: champagne, magazines, books, updated ipod mix, snacks, candles, and of course some of the lingerie from my bridal shower!

I also bought a swimsuit. This one from Trina Turk (I love it):

In honor of planning our honeymoon, I took a trip to the Trina Turk boutique to get in the Palm Desert mood. She has such darn cute stuff it was very overwhelming.

Some of the fun things at the boutique that caught my eye were the bright and bejeweled rompers. I know I would only wear this around the house, but the electric blue silk would also be great honeymoon material. The knotted detail reminds me of the rope installation at the Ace Hotel!

What's more bridal or more Palm Springs than white lace? Love this for a rehearsal dinner, honeymoon dinner, or just for an everyday thrill.

The summery yellow silk chiffon dress with a 60's silhouette would be perfect for a Palm Desert dinner out somewhere fun.

I'm not sure this is honeymoony at all but in person it is darn cute and would be a great office dress. Especially hot is the little lacy slip that peeks out the bottom of the hem. Tres sexy!

This chick is in dire need of a new pair of sunglasses but her bag is wearabley versatile. It also comes in solids if you are a bit pattern-shy, but the shape is perfect for by the beach, pool or out to dinner.



No comments: