Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fall Boots TKO

Whoa, are you guys ready for this? My favorite season is JUST upon us according to all of this month's FALL FASHION magazines. That's right, it's FALL and you know what that means... boots baby. I have been eyeballing the whole OTK (over the knee) boot trend from a very far and suspicious distance these past few years because, well it can seem kind of... hookery?

All I can think about when I see OTK heeled patent boots is Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. And she looked hot, for sure, but not necessarily, um, work-appropriate. Unless of course you are, as she was, a call girl. Anyhow.

In my most recent FALL FASHION (oh yes) issue of Lucky, there was a really cute Ann Taylor Loft ad that showed a jaunty little gal on her way to work wearing a blazer, a blousey shirt, some skinny jeans and some very subtle yet sexy OTK boots. It wasn't this one, but hey, it works too...

I think I am kind of in love. Especially with the flat heel and the soft muted greys and browns. The following would all make excellent "welcome to fall" gifts for yours truly, just fyi. They all have the "roll down the top for a Sherwood Forest vibe" option, making them even more work-friendly.







From left to right: Joie, Cole Haan, Franco Sarto and Frye all via Piperlime.
What tidbit of FALL FASHION (its in caps because its that important) are you most looking forward to?


7 comments:

Shells said...

Have been looking for boots over the past week or so and I so detest the OTK look and the western look that seems prevalent right now. I just want some nice leather knee boots with a classic kitten heel. Where are those boots this season?! I did find a nice denim pencil skirt and black cashmere turtleneck. I LOVE fall!

MrsFord said...

Isn't fall fashion the best? Besides resort wear I think it makes you feel the most differently. Just love it. Sorry Shells, the times they are a'changin :)

Leah said...

Oh yay! Boots, you and I must be kindred spirits! Love boots so much, they make any outfit!

Luvs!

Mr. Ford said...

Totally agree on the "Hookery-ness" of those boots in the 1st pic not to mention the duck-sweater-dress. I dig the AT add though, you'd look great in an outfit like that.

MrsFord said...

haha, duck-sweater-dress... i love you!

k said...

yes, i like the flat heels better!

katherinebee said...

I always manage to fall in love with boots and then they turn out to be Frye boots and want to eat my wallet.

Steve has been wanting me to get those OTK boots with heels forever. I don't even think I could wear them around the house.