Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Have a Secret Obsession

Blame my OCD, blame my type-A personality, blame my love of things smelling and feeling just right... Heck, blame it on the rain for all I care, but I have a guilty, unhealthy obsession... and it is with cleaning products.

It is sad really, how exciting shopping for cleaning and home fragrance type products is for me. Do ya'll know of The Laundress? Well, you should. Unless of course you prefer to enjoy a healthy hobby like, say, coin collecting or mountain biking or any other normal fun activity that doesn't involve household chores...
Seriously though, what is wrong with me? I haven't bought a new pair of shoes (and I desperately need a new pair) in over a year, not kidding, and yet... here I am lusting over a $45 bottle of rose scented laundry detergent (oh yes, that is Le Labo laundry detergent, WHY do they do this to me?!) and $18 All-Purpose Bleach Alternative.


WHY, world, why?!

Since The Laundress doesn't take bartering or brownies as legitimate forms of payment, and I don't have a money-tree growing anywhere near my home, I generally use Mrs. Meyer's lavender products, which aren't exactly cheap, but they are tres luxurious, eco-friendly and smell delicious. Plus, what fun is a secret obsession if it doesn't involve spending money you don't have on things you don't need?! Oh, and they're having a sale...


5 comments:

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

I'm not a lover of the housecleaning, maybe if I had pretty bottles with lovely scents it would give me some motivation!


XO
Lenore

MrsFord said...

It totally would Lenore, the part of cleaning that motivates me is the SHOPPING that happens before the cleaning, and then using the fun new products.

suzy said...

haha! i love this.

Lavender2Love said...

We have not been aware of this product yet. Thank you for the great post. We will look to add this to our collection of lavender products.

Gary
www.lavender2love.com

Lulu said...

I do enjoy a clean fresh house, but the cleaning process, I call it "doing chores". :) Mrs Meyers are my choice for products.