Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Monday

Did you have a wonderful weekend? Have a case of the Mondays this morning? Me too, but don't worry, January is almost officially over. Isn't January a little bit like the whole year's Monday? I feel like the year really can be enjoyed once we are out of January. Why? Well, next up is Valentine's Day, then our anniversary, then everyone we knows birthdays in March, J's birthday in April, mine in May, and then BAM its summer. Baby-steps people.

Anyhow, I know SOMEONE who had a great weekend: Senior Teensy.


We finally went to the dog park on Sunday to play in the beautiful 70 degree sunny weather for almost two hours. My little man was in dog heaven. As you can see from this photo, our dog park is... unique. It is basically a swirling vortex of water, mud and muck. You might get why our trips have become more and more infrequent. Anyhow, AFTER the dog park was when the "true" fun began. It was seriously like the pink ring around the bathtub in the Cat in the Hat.


The more I tried to get Teeny mud-free, the more the house turned into a disaster zone. Yes, the park has a hose and yes, I used it prior to bringing him home. It just wasn't enough; the muck was EVERYWHERE. I ended up vacuuming and cleaning the car and the house and I washed more towels, blankets, rugs, and my own clothes than I have in like a month. At the end of the day, I had a very happy dog and a very clean dog, house and car... so of course it was all worth it.

What'd your weekend look like?



No comments: