Wednesday, June 3, 2009

DIY Table Letters

Just finished these lovelies for my wonderful bride friend Aimee who is getting married in exactly 17 days! Eeeek!!! I'm so excited to see her and feel so honored to be a part of her special day. She asked if I could make the table numbers for her reception, but so that no one had to sit at unlucky table number 13 we opted for table letters instead. Aren't they so cute?


I started by buying this pretty floral paper from Michael's and these sweet cardboard letters that have a positive and a negative pop-out. I lucked out too because they were on clearance for one dollar! I still have the positives and plan to put those puppies to use soon.


Mod-podge was definitely my friend during this crafting project. I popped all of the letters out and glued the cardboard negative side circles down to the back of the craft paper.


Like this:


After they were all glued, I cut each letter from the sheet, and using a thin x-acto blade, cut each letter from its little circle. This took a bit of work (especially because I used too much glue. I love you Mod-Podge) but it was fun to do while J killed bad guys on Call of Duty...

Next I used a vase of ours to trace out circles on green stock and I cut these out as best I could.


Once I had all of the essential pieces, I glued the letters to the green circles and voila!



I initally bought some cream colored paper for a third, bigger circle behind the green but we decided they look good just as they are. I like them so much I might just steal them back to use on my own reception tables next year :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I waaaant that.