Thursday, May 12, 2011

Summer Beach Reading

It's that time again. I don't know HOW we got here so quickly but folks, its time to pull out your bikini and floppy hat and head to your local B&N to pick up a summer beach read.

I have been trying to get through The Happiness Project (which is definitely not the ideal beach read although its light enough to suffice), which is interesting and makes for good inspiration to make positive changes in your life. However, much like my beef with Eat, Pray, Love this one smacks of obvious while also having very little voice or personality with which to relate. Yea, I'm a harsh judge. I think it's due to the era of blogs and reality tv where women across the world feel their personal journeys of "better parenting" and "less nagging" and "trying to be single for 3 months" are in some way profound and deserving of national press. Maybe I am a harsh judge but that stuff kind of depresses me, can't we shoot higher?

Anyhow, I stumbled across this awesome website What Should I Read Next that I am hoping will help me pick a winner for my next book, since this one isn't cutting it thus far. Basically you type in the name of a book or author that you love and voila, a list of similar styled reads at your service. I don't know how accurate the read-o-meter on this thing is, but hopefully its a winner. Let me know what you think if you try it out.

Read a good book lately?


No comments: