Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Belated Christmas Wrap-Up

There are truly few things that will take the wind out of your sails more than the taking down of Christmas trees and packing up of ornaments and holiday decorations.

I'm a chicken: I usually make Jonathon do the job while I'm far far away from the house. The reality that an entire 365 days stand between me and that special warmness that comes only once a year is really hard to face for some reason. Well, while he was hard at work on another 7-day work week this past weekend, I faced the sad reality of Project Kill Christmas head on, and alone.

I will admit, it made me quite nostalgic for the holiday that just passed.

Here, a walk down a very recently trodden memory lane...



Christmas Eve morning at Townhouse Restaurant. Mmmmhmmm!


On our way to Christmas Eve service at Lindzee and Erik's beautiful house.


Orlando has a planned neighborhood owned by Disney that is called Celebration. I have wanted to visit Celebration at Christmas time since learning about it back in 2002 and Jonathon and I finally took the trip this holiday season. The whole neighborhood gets into the Christmas spirit and (even though we missed it) even makes it snow (via soap bubbles) down their main street. It is FUN!


The porches in Florida just kill me with their homey rocking chairs and big ceiling fans.




The best Christmas decoration we saw all season... "A Major Prize!"


More Christmas wrap-up to come shortly...


1 comment:

k said...

That is so true, the end of xmas is SAD!!!