Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sometimes its all Perspective

You know how people always ask the newly employed "What'd you splurge on with your first paycheck from that new job of yours"?

I had envisioned answering with something much sexier than "I paid off my engorged credit card bill and whatever was left over went to rent..." Sigh.

There are so many other things I would have loved to splurge on besides groceries and gas. Mostly vacations... (Now that I have a job all I want is to go on so many vacations. Such is life, no?). The top of my vacation wish list right now is a trip up to North Carolina to visit our good friend Casey and to see the stunning fall foliage. How can you resist this?

That all being as it is, it's beyond amazing to be able to pay my bills on time once again, and in reality, having enough gas and groceries is definitely a luxury we have been missing. We're doing the baby-step shuffle back into the black and it feels great. Double woot for steady incomes! Woot Woot!


1 comment:

k said...

congrats to you :) :)